Custom Search

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Just for the morning

> >I am going to smile
> >when I see your face
> >and laugh when I feel like crying.
> >
> >Just for this morning, I will let you
> >choose what you want to wear,
> >and smile and say how perfect it is.
> >
> >Just for this morning, I am going to step
> >over the laundry, and pick you up
> >and take you to the park to play
> >
> >Just for this morning, I will leave the
> >dishes in the sink, and let you
> >teach me how to put that puzzle of yours together.
> >
> >Just for this afternoon, I will unplug the
> >telephone and keep the computer off,
> >and sit with you in the backyard and
> >blow bubbles.
> >
> >Just for this afternoon, I will not yell
> >once, not even a tiny grumble when you scream
> >and whine for the ice cream truck, and I will buy
> >you one if he comes by.
> >
> >Just for this afternoon, I won't worry
> >about what you are going to
> >be when you grow up, or second guess every decision
> >I have made where you are concerned.
> >
> >Just for this afternoon, I will let you
> >help me bake cookies, and I won't
> >stand over you trying to fix them.
> >
> >Just for this afternoon, I will take us to
> >Mc Donald's and buy us both a
> >Happy Meal so you can have both toys.
> >
> >Just for this evening, I will hold you in
> >my arms and tell you a story about
> >how you were born and how much I love you.
> >
> >Just for this evening, I will let you
> >splash in the tub and not get angry.
> >
> >Just for this evening, I will let you stay
> >up late while we sit on the porch
> >and count all the stars.
> >
> >Just for this evening, I will snuggle
> >beside you for hours, and miss
> >my favorite TV shows.
> >
> >Just for this evening when I run my finger
> >through your hair as you pray,
> >I will simply be grateful that God has
> >given me the greatest gift ever given.
> >
> >I will think about the mothers and fathers who are
> >searching for their missing children,
> >the mothers and fathers who are visiting their
> >children's graves instead of their bedrooms,
> >and mothers and fathers who are in
> >hospital rooms watching their children suffer
> >senselessly, and screaming inside they can't handle it
> >anymore.
> >
> >And when I kiss you goodnight I will hold
> >you a little tighter, a little longer. It is then,
> >that I will thank God for you, and ask him for
> >nothing, except one more day.............

No comments: