Custom Search

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

House-Husband Profession

Profession in a sense, is what a home-making,
Common for a woman, people might be thinking,
But how would you react, if you will be hearing,
A man as home-maker, that is what I am trudging.

Other men would look down, some people might be laughing,
A few will understand, some of them may be teasing,
Once a star player, basketball I was playing,
Small soft squeeze ball, is now I am holding.

I used to be the one, apple of ladies' eyes,
People shout and yell, when the ball is in my hand,
Now one tiny voice will shout, "Daddy, the ball is mine!"
I pass it and you shoot, then the turn will be mine.

Body-building exercises were once a part of me,
But now, I am busy with with all house activity,
Laundry and iron, cooking food for family,
Washing dishes, cleaning house, but I am proud to be.

What convinced me to stay as a father-at-home
Was the hardship to find, a care-taker at home
No nanny for my son, my wife couldn't work home
I have to sacrifice, my career and my poise.

Yes, a sacrifice but with rewards not measurable,
Yes, a humbling chore but with trophies not countable,
Guiding my son as he grows, provide my wife with all support,
Her accomplishments shared, not humiliating at all.

Success of family depends on accomplishments
Determined by the results and children's attainment
Measured on attitude and quality achievements
Results of the kind of family government.

House-husband profession, if well-taken and fulfilled,
Will bear fruit of success, for the family to gain,
Importance of home-makers, should not be put in vain,
Its the most rewarding, most fulfilling undertaking.

Not all women are gifted on being a home-maker
Really not all men are effective home-builder
It is an expertise, special handiness
Skill that I acquired, developed and cultivated.

No comments: